Temp power

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbo16720

Ok guys got a question for you about a sub panel. I have a 100 amp main panel in my house and a 200 amp panel in my garage. In the end the power company will be putting a new pole by my garage and the power will feed the 200 amp panel with 4/0 cable under ground coming off a 100 amp breaker in the garage feeding the house. The question is since I'm not working and don't have the money for the inspection right now can I safely put say a 60 amp breaker in my 100 amp breaker in the house and feed the 200 amp service in my garage so I can use some of my tools till I get the money? I was thinking of just running it through the 200 amp mains and then a seperate breaker to feed my saws and lights. I realize it wouldn't trip the mains in the garage but it should trip the other breakers. Any ideas?

Are you suggesting 60 amp service to the garage, thereby 40amps left for the house... = 100 amps service for now? If anything I'd have 60 amps for the home, esp. if you have electric water heater or stove, clothes dryer etc. 60 amp service to the 200 amp panel is well underated but it doesn't leave you much for the home needs.

No I'm asking if I can put a 60 breaker in my box in the house to feed my garage. Don't have anything that's 220 in the house except my well pump. I already have a 100 amp main service in the house.

Kind off hard to explain. My power is hooked to my house right now with a 100 amp service. I have no power in my garage, but I do have a 200 amp service mounted but not hooked to anything right now. I want to run a 60 amp breaker in my house and feed the 200 amp service in my garage for temporary power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…