Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

temp switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

W7OWC

I am looking for the schematic or diagram for a simple temp switch using a thermistor. something that i can kick a couple of 3 inch fans on to cool radios in a console. any ideas??
TNX Jim W7OWC

**broken link removed**

Hi,

I have built this circuit which works like a dream as they automatically alter the speed according to the ambient temperature and will switch off when not needed. The circuit will drive 4 or 5, 3 inch 12V fans drawing about 200mA each.

**broken link removed**

Cheers
Andrew

PS: The circuit does not use thermistors but diodes which rely on ambient rather than actual temperature. By placing the sensing diodes close to the equpment you can sense the temperature in that manner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back