Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Temporary electrical connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A switch. I'm having a hard time getting the wire to stay on it long enough for me to test it. I don't want to glue it on because I want to take it off.

mini alligator clips..paper clip....run the wire through the pin holes and bend over if pins have holes is them....buy a second switch and use it for testing purposes....

Also check out these from 4pyros' 2nd link (radioshack)
270-334, 270-372 & 278-016
They are mini test-clips and can be used to attach to all kinds of components..... through-hole semiconductor leads, IC legs, header pins, test point hook-ups, etc. and are much smaller than alligator clips so less chances of shorting other components.

and if your budget is "really low" you can make the test clips from fishing bobbers, Just add your wire to the one side of the line clip and clip the other bobber hook onto your pin......works in a pinch:nailbiting:

and if your budget is "really low" you can make the test clips from fishing bobbers, Just add your wire to the one side of the line clip and clip the other bobber hook onto your pin......works in a pinch:nailbiting:
Nice.

I didn't think of clips..

Thanks for the links.

Mickster, I can't figure out how those mini clips work. They look like one sided tweezer type things..

I didn't think of clips..

Thanks for the links.

Mickster, I can't figure out how those mini clips work. They look like one sided tweezer type things..
What part number are you talking about??

Does this help;

Although the video shows how the mini-clips are used. I can't understand the constant barking he does through the entire video.

I can't understand the constant barking he does through the entire video.

I think that he initially asked the cat...
..."PussPuss, demonstrate the test clips, so I can make a video".

To which PussPuss replied...
..."Me? 'Ow?"

JimB

What part number are you talking about??

270-334 & 278-016

That video did help with the other one which I was wondering about too.

I don't think those would work well with threaded wire which I am also going to use them for. They would probably work with the paperclip-wire I'm using for the switch though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back