Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

temprature control cooling circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

olamifenow

i need help on how to build cooling system that can be trigger by rise in temprature inside a system. basically the circuit will include 2 small fans, 2 temprature sensors and the circuit that do the control. the sensors should detect rise in temprature and trigger the corresponding fan or both to cool the system. this is basically what i want. if u can do it, contact through my mail address. olamifenow@yahoo.com.
thanks

What temperature range? I doubt anyone will contact you through an email address as people here like to discuss and post solutions. If this is a low temperature application a thermistor and comparator could be used. Again, it is important to know the temperature range you are looking at. How big of fans? Small like fans in a home computer or large high current attic fans? More information would be nice.

Ron

How accurate? How fast? How big? What temperatures?

You have been vague enough that anything from a Klixon switch to a microprocessor might do the job.

thank everyone for your responds and your willingness to help. i have about 10 fanless point of sales terminals that work with a 12volts battery and most time the thermal printer got burn and so also the modem so i thought that building a thermal trigger fan with the thermal sensor on the printer and modem respectively will help reduce heat that burn up the modem and thermal printer. as for the size of the fan honestly i don't know all i can do in that regard is to tell u that its going to be a small fan. like the one's that cool a laptop processor. 2 of those can comfortably sit inside the POS. the POS is a wavetec POS.
thanks everybody am really impressed.

am really impressed people thank for your respond. it's actually a low temperature sensor. the fan is going to be a small fan too like the one on a laptop processor. the point is i have a some fanless point of sales terminal that print tickets wirelessly and most times, the printer and the modem get burn and i have to replace them often. so i thought if there can be a circuit with a thermal sensor that detect the rise in tempratue on either the printer and or the modem and start the corresponding fan that cools it down, then i won't have to replace the printer or the modem that often.
thank u in advance every one.
regards.

If you want a temperature controlled off I would think about something **broken link removed** Simple thermistor circuit. I would modify the circuit linked to for a higher turn on temperature. Also as mentioned you could just add an always on fan.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back