Tenma 72-6644 serial protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbiandov

Hi everyone,

I have a Tenma 72-6644 but could never figure out the serial protocol.

This function generator does have RS232 and the manual does say that it is 9600 8N1 but it also refers to software called BenchView which I do not have.

I am hoping the ASCII protocol is documented somewhere so one can use few functions without the BenchView software?

Thanks

you could email Tenma and ask if they have that information. i'm sure it's simple commands of one to 3 characters. you could try to figure it out by running the software and monitoring the serial lines with another computer's serial port. "back in the day" such test equipment had an appendix in the owner's manual describing the serial command set.

Tenma is owned by Newark/Farnell/MCM, and you can ask on their forum for a copy of the software **broken link removed**

Yah that's what I tried; sadly Newark/Farnell/MCM is terrible for out-of-warranty gear; zero response. I am thinking the interface piece is shot but I was hoping to hookup with someone with identical waveform generator and compare notes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…