Test prodedure for optocoupler 6 pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastline

Want to test the above component. Already tested the internal diode for leakage. It's fine. Wanting to make sure this thing works since I cannot get any output from my PWM controller. This unit controls the output SCRs.

I can find "some" info regarding 4 pin units but nothing on 6 pin.

Hi,

You need to tell us the part number.

Generally you apply a current to the diode and see if the transistor operates by connecting a resistor to the collector and that to a small positive voltage source and emitter to ground. When you apply the rated current the transistor should turn 'on'. If you have a different type though (other than transistor output) then the procedure will be slightly different, so we need to know the part number.

Can't tell you how to test it until I know the part number. "6-pin" doesn't tell me much.

Yeah, got a scope. I looked at the data sheets and did not see the test circuits. I will have to look agian.

A simple static DC check:
  1. Connect a 1kΩ resistor in series with a +10V power supply to output pin 4 (6).
  2. Connect the output pin 6(4) to ground.
  3. Connect a 500Ω resistor in series pin 1. Connect pin 2 to ground.
  4. Apply +10V to the 1kΩ resistor. Monitor the voltage at pin 4(6). The voltage should be +10V
  5. Momentarily connect the 500Ω resistor to +10V.
  6. The voltage at pin 4 should drop to <2.5V and stay there.
  7. Momentarily disconnect and reconnect the 1kΩ resistor. The voltage should go back to 10V.
  8. Reverse leads 4 and 6 and redo test (using pin numbers in parenthesis) to test the triac in the opposite direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…