Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

test tube liquid level calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estroncium

Hello people , I’m new here and a friend told me that maybe I was able to get help here.

I’m running a test on fuel delivery on a series of diesel fuel pumps, using a calibration test bench with, the problem is , that the way the volume is recorded is via a calibrated test tube , and you are to obtain the result of each injector visually , for the purpose of my project visual readings are not that accurate (varies depending on visual angle ) and takes lots of time . I also need to keep records of all testing results and conditions.
I was thinking of a flow sensor , but they are to expensive and the biggest total flow is 50 cc , a friend subjected a rage finder but the tube is inch 12 inches long and there are 18 of them.
if it s at all posible i will like it to be displyed and recorded on a pc
Any ideas?

Estroncium said:
Hello people , I’m new here and a friend told me that maybe I was able to get help here.

I’m running a test on fuel delivery on a series of diesel fuel pumps, using a calibration test bench with, the problem is , that the way the volume is recorded is via a calibrated test tube , and you are to obtain the result of each injector visually , for the purpose of my project visual readings are not that accurate (varies depending on visual angle ) and takes lots of time . I also need to keep records of all testing results and conditions.
I was thinking of a flow sensor , but they are to expensive and the biggest total flow is 50 cc , a friend subjected a rage finder but the tube is inch 12 inches long and there are 18 of them.
if it s at all posible i will like it to be displyed and recorded on a pc
Any ideas?

Well with 18 test tubes to measure (all at one time?) there will be costs. I like the concept of using strain gauges to measure the weight of the total tube. Software can subtract the tear weight of an empty tube giving the resulting weight of the contents. Straing gauges can be quite accurate and repeatable. Check out Omega.com for information on strain gauges.

Lefty

Last edited:
As lefty said: "there will be costs", either in time or money.

You might want to take a look at a design for a "capacitive fuel level" circuit. Two insulated rods in each of your sample tubes. Output is a frequency that varies with depth. This should be cheap enough to make 18 parallel versions, fed to a PC interface that can read the frequency/period of the outputs and log it against calibration tables (if you need high accuracy) for each probe.

http://www.rst-engr.com/kitplanes/index.htm

Go down to June/July/August 2000

Ken

yes all at the same time...thanks for the starting point.. now .. i need to start reading... and working on my other esperiment ..."how fast can one make a disatarter during turkey preparation",,,,
Merry Xmas......HO,,HO ,,HO

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back