Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Testing Code on a PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Hey guys i just wanted to know if this is a good idea... or a waste of time...

I will be starting a ton of UI type work and dont have LCDs as of yet but its fine. I wanted to know if it would be a good idea to practice using C# or C++ and a simple picture box with the size of a LCD (pixel wise) and do basic code with arrays and such to learn how to keep pixels in a array and lets say add a image over a image.

So lets say i have a 128x128 lcd. And a image as the background. And i want to open a simple image of 30x30 but still leave that image intact with this other image over it. You think its a waste of time coding it in C#/C++ and then porting to PIC/ARM/XMOS ?

I would of course use basic arrays and stuff i know i can use on a PIC and such (C code) and not use any special librarys only those used to display on PC.

Do you understand what i mean?

Great! Thanks. Ill be sure to not use ++ extensions. Of course my code will be available on my site when done and every update in progress

Use C# and/or C++ for the stuff in the PC.

Use only plain C and/or ASM in the microcontrollers.

However, higher level languages such as BASIC and Pascal do exist in microcontrollers too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back