Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

testing of IR led

Status
Not open for further replies.

manickam

i have recently purchased a IR LED SFH487. it is not working in the circuit. can any one suggest me on how to test the device.

manickam said:
i have recently purchased a IR LED SFH487. it is not working in the circuit. can any one suggest me on how to test the device.
if u have a digital camera , keep the led 'on' in a dark room , focus the camera , shutter time max (say 10sec) .
and in the photo u can see the IR led glowing brightly (some use ir filter , my olympus worked well)

You can put and IR receiver/detector on the scope and see if you see a signal on the scope when it nears it. I freind that had a TV shop had a cheap card that would light up if you point a remove at it. To test remotes.

I would google for that. Or camera/video recorder in a dark room like akg mentioned. You have a cell phone with a camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back