Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

the 18f8722 with angular encoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivan_nn2

Hello everybody,...

i'm new with mcu programming. I was trying to connect a PICDEM HPC ExPLORER with 18f8722 with an angular encoder AM4096.
Ths device, from what is written on the datasheet, has a 16 bit address (32 - 20h) where the frist 12bit represents the angular value that i shoiuld retrieve.
I tried with picbasic and with c18 fro more than 1 week,... I'm quite desperate . . :)...
I understood almost everythng about I2c communication, and i used the c18 compiler sw_i2c libraries, (modifying also the pin , since i'm using the Rb4 clock, and RB5 data)... anyway..
When i put the ocscilloscope on the data line it doesn't seem to go low...
And the strange thing is that if i check the SWStart() of Microchip code, there is no Clock Down conditon, just DATA_low condition... (when theoretically, it should be first data_low then clock_low, right?)..

Should i write the subroutines by myself, or is there any reason why these functions behave like this?...

thanks, I.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back