The Movie 300!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboticinfo

The movie 300 was by far the best movie so far of 2007 besides the fountin but man that was a good movie.

Who else seen it?

Nope - it was "The Wild Bunch". Not as many get greased, but the splatter is better. There is also a plot.

Mind you, this is a movie made from a graphic novel which was conceptualized from the ideal of really unsophisticated society during a really crappy era to live in.. It's basically meant to be high grade eye candy, nothing more. Anyone that thinks there's supposed to be some meaningful plot or intellectual purpose to the film is watching it for the wrong reasons. It's a beefy idealized testosterone drenched blood fest meant to look visually appealing and spark emotions in the inner 'uggh' in all of us =)

Sceadwian killed it for me.

Not a big movie fan anyway. Eye candy, Ghost Rider maybe if that is still out..

Ever seen Sin City? Same guy that made the "300" graphic novel. The plot there's not overly complicated, but as far as visual story telling goes, it's hard to get better. You really have to look at it for what it is, not read too much into it before you go see it. I'm still holding by breath, going to see it tomorrow (Read: Sunday the 11th) if my friends still get together for it. Believe me I'm a harsh critic (just read my posts on the forum) If I don't like it, you'll hear about it.

Last edited:
I watched it finally, in Imax (ow my neck) Very good, though definitly not brilliant. I was a little disapointed in the fact that the gore wasn't very gorey, a little too over computer generated, but very stylistic. You can see almost every single last drop of blood as it sprays from a body, needed just a little bit of that good old fasioned blood myst. I'd still highly recommend it. Though avoid the Imax, unless you can get good middle upper seats.

so will i, i was just talking with a friend, who showed me the thrailer from a couple of days, we should go see it tomorow... even though we have a TurboMachinary exam in 3 days!!!!!!

i hope it's worth it!

It was really good, but I think it's more a sign of me aging (30 this year) those half dozen things in it that I thought should be better than they were took some of the enjoyment out of it. I think I'll like it better the second third and fourth times I see it after it comes out on DVD. I sometimes think I was born to be a critic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…