The p16pro40 cries out loud

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamproject

Hi all,
My project is taking me through all walks of electronics . I am now faced with the daunting task of building a p16pro40 programmer . Incidentally I plan to use a 16f877 . In the posted at Nigel's website (Carlier Patric's modification) , I'm at a loss to know how the four rectifying diodes should be mounted on the PCB . Should there be two diode pins in each hole . I mean - one diode starts where the other terminates. Kindly clarify and thanks Nigel for your extremely valuble PIC lessons - your avid student

Thanks to all

It's a bridge rectifier, four diodes arranged correctly in a single encapsulation, with only four connections - it's an EXTREMELY common component!.

Personally I would suggest buying a kit for the P16PRO40, they are really very cheap, and it's doubtful that you could buy the components for the cost of the kit.

I'm sensing a bit of hostility, Is the teacher getting mad at the student(s) for asking the same question over and over again?. :lol:
Do you have a link for this kit? If it is cheaper to buy the kit than buy the parts seperatly, then you should remove the schematic and force people to buy the kit. (mark up the price acoupla bucks while you're at it and get some money for your trouble :wink: )

specs

Hi all,

Does it have a rating or specification . About buying the kit , it's not the kit itself that is expensive rather it is the shipping to my country . When I ordered a shaft encoder from US Digital , the part cost 53$ whereas the shipping cost me 60$ adding to a whopping 113 $ not to mention a 1000 rs (20 $ approx.) import duty . Now u see why I want to build it !!!! . :wink:

Can the bridge rectifier be built externally by discrete components , say , four IN4001 diodes in a bridge mounted away from the PCB and connected by wires to the PCB circuit points.

Thanks

jrz126 said:
I'm sensing a bit of hostility, Is the teacher getting mad at the student(s) for asking the same question over and over again?. :lol:

I don't get mad, I lose my anger in the dojo :lol:

I don't sell the kits (or anything else), it's freely available in many countries though - DIY Electronics in Hong Kong make the kits and have various distributors - see .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…