Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The right way to read datasheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

winampis

Hi guys, Im first time here as I having difficulties to read a datasheet :)
Im building an oscilloscope and one of the parts is AD converter ADS900.
Datasheet Data Converters - Analog to Digital Converter - ADS900 - TI.com
The first problem:
On the page 4 of this datasheet is a table bellow a timing diagram that specified convert clock period of min 50 ns and max 100∞s, now what does it mean the 100∞s?
The second problem:
Can I drive this IC by slower clk? As Im thinking to driving the SPS from about 160kHz up to 20 Mhz...

Third question:
The datasheet showing min and max values but in some cases im not sure, whether "for explample" min value of convert clock period means, the IC will generate a sample in this minimal value of time OR the IC will accept minimally 50ns to be able to generate a sample...

Thats all thank you guys for your time and Im sorry for my not gread English :)

Hi guys, Im first time here as I having difficulties to read a datasheet :)
Im building an oscilloscope and one of the parts is AD converter ADS900.
Datasheet Data Converters - Analog to Digital Converter - ADS900 - TI.com
The first problem:
On the page 4 of this datasheet is a table bellow a timing diagram that specified convert clock period of min 50 ns and max 100∞s, now what does it mean the 100∞s?
The second problem:
Can I drive this IC by slower clk? As Im thinking to driving the SPS from about 160kHz up to 20 Mhz...

Third question:
The datasheet showing min and max values but in some cases im not sure, whether "for explample" min value of convert clock period means, the IC will generate a sample in this minimal value of time OR the IC will accept minimally 50ns to be able to generate a sample...

Thats all thank you guys for your time and Im sorry for my not gread English :)

Hi, winampis! Welcome to ETO!
I'm sorry it has taken so long for someone to answer.

Anyway, I think I can answer a few of your questions.
1: When it says the min and max convert clock inputs, it says a min of 50ns and a max of 100us, not 100∞s. The u represents the Greek letter µ (mu) which means "micro," or 10^-6.
2: Considering what was explained in #1, you should be able to run the clock to produce pulses between 100µs and 50ns (10Khz to 20Mhz, I believe). If I did my math correctly, your clock should work fine (if anyone else wants to jump in here, feel free ;) ).
3: The min and max values describe what the chip can accept. For example, in order for your chip to run correctly, your input convert clock period must be between 50ns and 100µs.
I hope this helps!
Der Strom

Last edited:
Hi Ye I actually did find out my self as this was really too long :) but anyway thank you very much for your reply :)

Hi Ye I actually did find out my self as this was really too long :) but anyway thank you very much for your reply :)

Okay, I'm glad to hear it :) You are very welcome!
Der Strom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back