Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The Story of Electricity as published in 1912

Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
the_story_of_electricity_1101.jpg
I found this to be an enjoyable listen. The author explains electricity and its history as he knows it in 1912. Starts with static and works his way up. He is very specific about what electrical devices exist. You can also read the text.

https://librivox.org/the-story-of-electricity-by-john-munro/

There was one book which i had, don't remember the name but it was regarding the battle between the Edison and Tesla. It is always interesting to read such books.

This book is too old, and should be very simple but worth for learning process. Am hearing to it ;).

I would not say it is too old in that I have not suggested it as a text book. More of historical interest. There is info in this book that has been discarded by modern writers.
Will be nice to read it rather than listening. Considering that it is a old book, is it in the public domain?

thanks for the link Shortbus=. Found another book titled
"Electricity for Everybody: Its Nature and Uses Explained"
on Google Books. This one is of 1899. Couldn't download any in pdf though. Google has Stopped providing pdfs, i think they want to compete with Amazon.

i have some books on the subject from that era, and before (1890's).... even have a copy of Practical Wireless Telegraphy from 1917.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back