Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The ultimate contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikebits

I have this idea for a contest. Maybe you just win a gold star or something, but I think this might be fun.

Here is the concept:

The most outlandish Rube Goldberg Mouse trap design.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rube_Goldberg

The idea here is the more components to do a simple job, the better. Mechanical and alike are encouraged.

One example; power the filaments of an old tube (Valve) to heat a thermistor which triggers the next event which may be an opto coupler device or something like that.

Design rules:
  • Hehe, rules? we don't need no rules...
  • Okay one rule, circuit has to work.
  • Overall system can in fact catch a mouse

So what do you guys think? Dumb, stupid, fun, cool idea?

Last edited:
I have this idea for a contest. Maybe you just win a gold star or somthing, but I think this might be fun.

Here is the concept:

The most outlandish Rube Goldberg Mouse trap design.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rube_Goldberg

The idea here is the more components to do a simple job, the better. Mechanical and alike are encouraged.

One example; power the filaments of an old tube (Valve) to heat a thermistor which triggers the next event which may be an opto coupler device or something like that.

Design rules:
  • Hehe, rules? we don't need no rules...
  • Okay one rule, circuit has to work.
  • Overall system can in fact catch a mouse

So what do you guys think? Dumb, stupid, fun, cool idea?

That sounds really, really fun. :)

[Edit: Would submitters be required to show photographic proof of a catch, or what?]

Torben

Last edited:
That sounds really, really fun. :)

[Edit: Would submitters be required to show photographic proof of a catch, or what?]

Torben

No, I would say proof of concept would be enough :)
eg. Good explanation, write up, drawings, etc...

Last edited:
Maybe you just win a gold star or something
By this I mean, the winner could have a special Icon under the rep points, no cash or prize needed. The winner would have a special icon that no other would have. Oh the prestige it would bring to the recipient, and bragging rights...

I am just slinging ideas.

Last edited:
If you were interested, you would make time. If you spent less time posting you could easily fit building an entry into you schedule.

:p

Actually, I got my work cut out plus I am trying to do something on the side. I'm gonna try my had at a wide rage high res PLL. It will be a chore. Believe me. Gonna put in some new techniques that are kinda slick. I got a DC to DC circuit that pumps out about 150 volts from 2 AA batteries. I'm gonna try controlling that to the varactor if it doesn't blow it up.

By this I mean, the winner could have a special Icon under the rep points, no cash or prize needed. The winner would have a special icon that no other would have. Oh the prestige it would bring to the recipient, and bragging rights...

I am just slinging ideas.

that is a good idea but it seems like

After defeating the rodent a couple months past, really don't have the energy for this. Damn rats. Just glad it's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back