the way to maintain hp battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherry2000

I have bought an **broken link removed** from **broken link removed**, it is a six-cell battery,**broken link removed**. I'd like to know the best way to maintain my laptop battery. My practice has been to use the battery as little as possible, and to keep the computer plugged in most of the time, running or idle. give some advice?

My practice has been to use the battery as little as possible, and to keep the computer plugged in most of the time, running or idle. give some advice?

Some may disagree but I don't see that as a good practice. Every now and then I intentionally let my laptop battery fully discharge. Maybe once every month at least. I also rotate two batteries but here nor there. Most of the time I have no need for battery power. However, I still use it just to run down the battery and recharge it. I just feel based on my observations that leaving a laptop plugged in all the time shortens battery life.

Just My Take
Ron

thats actually very bad to do for batteries being used in "dumb" computers (the word dumb referring to their power management). The policy for most computers made starting a few years back and earlier is use the battery until X percentage when its plugged in (maybe 95% or so) then charge to full. this repeated over and over again is not good for the battery. I have learned from my DeWalt batteries that the best way to maintain a good life is to discharge mostly (to ~15 or 20%) then charge. Killing it all the way will not do anything but its not "optimal". That has been my experience. I may be wrong but thats what has worked excellently for me. I have had a dell for 30ish months. The dell battery that it came with crapped out at around 14 months so i bought an off-brand replacement for half of dell's price and, 15 months later, ive only lost about 30 minutes/charge off of the total life because i did what i stated in the beginning of this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…