Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thermaltake Symphony CPU cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aymincendiary

I have an old Thermaltake Symphony water cooler for my CPU in my computer; they discontinued this product long ago. I've since upgraded to a Koolance system and took the pumps out of the Symphony, but the radiator and fans are housed on a home theater-like housing. I wanted to use this as a second radiator and reservoir and instead of using the 12vdc plug going into the back of the computer, I decided that I could simply use a 12VDC power adapter to the jack in the back of the unit to power the fans. Looks like a proprietary pin since none of the 12VDC power adapters I have will slide over it; the pin is simply too thick. Short of taking the female cord into an electronics supply shop to match a power adapter to this pin I figured I'd ask around on the forums first. Amazon has a large assortment of power adapters but I can't tell from the picture and description if the 12VDC plug will fit. Any suggestions? There are other ways around this; I figured the power adapter plugged into a surge suppressor would be best.

Thank you,

Chris

I'd suggest you measure the diameters of the pin and jack opening then do some catalogue research to locate a plug with matching dimensions. If access to the jack makes measurement difficult you could perhaps carefully press a pad of modelling clay or similar material against the jack and measure the resulting indentations in the clay.

Edit: Alternatively, swap the jack for a more 'standard' one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back