Thermaltake Symphony CPU cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aymincendiary

I have an old Thermaltake Symphony water cooler for my CPU in my computer; they discontinued this product long ago. I've since upgraded to a Koolance system and took the pumps out of the Symphony, but the radiator and fans are housed on a home theater-like housing. I wanted to use this as a second radiator and reservoir and instead of using the 12vdc plug going into the back of the computer, I decided that I could simply use a 12VDC power adapter to the jack in the back of the unit to power the fans. Looks like a proprietary pin since none of the 12VDC power adapters I have will slide over it; the pin is simply too thick. Short of taking the female cord into an electronics supply shop to match a power adapter to this pin I figured I'd ask around on the forums first. Amazon has a large assortment of power adapters but I can't tell from the picture and description if the 12VDC plug will fit. Any suggestions? There are other ways around this; I figured the power adapter plugged into a surge suppressor would be best.

Thank you,

Chris

I'd suggest you measure the diameters of the pin and jack opening then do some catalogue research to locate a plug with matching dimensions. If access to the jack makes measurement difficult you could perhaps carefully press a pad of modelling clay or similar material against the jack and measure the resulting indentations in the clay.

Edit: Alternatively, swap the jack for a more 'standard' one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…