This electronic tool site might need a better translator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's a 'power germ'? Stamp Battery? Not familar with the temperature scale they refered to either. Wonder if that translator is the one that comes with Windows Vista...

Both Gerber and Leatherman produce quality products, especially Gerber. I'm surprised they don't pull their product from that web outfit since the text is a total injustice to those fine manufacturers!

From the tool just above the first meter:
The Vista's non-slip handles bring home the bacon a easy, substantial traction and the singular unresolved tooth plan of the maxim resists "filling up" while on the job in dampish environments.
Mmm... dampish bacon.

What's should be disturbing, is that even though the translation is horrible, it is understandable, the vocabulary choices for the translations are abominable though they do convey an appreciation of what I hope is the original message =). If you want the gem of all gem translations, "All your base are belong to us" will net you 1.1 million hits on Google, and has a Wikipedia entry, including the original Japanese text, and a much more expansive (yet less amusing) translation.

The quote from the Swiss Army Swisstool Spirit Multi Tool
FEATURES - Needle olfactory organ plyers
Make me wonder if you are supposed to pluck nose hairs with it or something?

Have you taken time to read the spec for their other products.

What do you think this is describing

I want this tool! It has a Hook Disgorger!

Features: Open fulness: 7". Closed long duration: 4.75". 100% unstained nerve twist. 21 functions/implements. Multi-tool colour: Silver. Sheath: Nylon. Tool Functions: Vise. Cap lifter. Metal register. Wood register. Can opener. Regular plyer. Hook disgorger. Needlenose plyer. Measuring standard of measurement. Locking dual-edge leaf blade. Locking Phillips screwdriver. Large lockup monotonous screwdriver. Fine monotone head up screwdriver. Lanyard fond regard. Locking dictum leaf blade. Scraping leaf blade. Leather tire. Wire stemmer. Wire carver. Scribe. Awl. Made in China.

I love our forum!

HAHAHA! this one is perfect for non withstanding bartenders!
Victorinox Swiss Army Waiter Pocket Knife (53891)
Key features Victorinox 53891

* Ideal notwithstanding bartenders and waiters
* Tools hold big knife leaf blade, conducting wire sprigger, crest lifter, put up opener, spiral
* Also includes screwdriver, toothpick, nippers, francis scott key (diddnt he write the american anthem???) knell
* Pocket knife measures 3-1/4 inches far-reaching
* Lifetime surety in countervail to defects

From the illustrious companion that created the Swiss Army knife a hundred agone comes this consummate go under of tools because bartenders and waiters--all handsomely folded into a exclusive tool that measures simply 3-1/4 inches far-reaching. Sheathed in the distinguished Swiss Army cherry-red pliant, the Waiter pocket knife is a tool cabinet little plenty to primed into a pocket or cut short onto a francis scott key knell. A precious fellow traveler, this pocket Army0 consists of 8 divide tools and carries a lifetime warrant to counterbalance defects. The tools privileged the Army1 Army2 ar a big Army3 leaf blade, a conducting wire sprigger, a crest lifter, a put up opener, a spiral, a screwdriver, a toothpick, and pincers. --Fred Brack 3.25 in. unsympathetic. Features big leaf blade, bottleful opener, tin opener, screwdriver, conducting wire stemmer, spiral, pincers, toothpick and francis scott key knell.

Ah, Ive always needed a put up opener!!!

That's a strange site. They provide no ordering address.... basically nothing more than an merchandise advertising site. When you click on MORE INFO. tab you get a webpage that details the product description sensibly. It also gives links to eBay and Amazon.com. Here is a link to the "protected" origins of the website:
https://www.whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d=toolsmet&tld=com

According to the phone number, it's the Netherlands.
null,2680 AB seems to be nothing more than some privacy protected domain or address.

According to the phone number, it's the Netherlands.
Alright, Goldmember, don't play the laughing boy. There are only two things I hate in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.

Hank, are you replying to me? Did I include or insinuate anything derogatory about the Netherlands? No. Unless I'm misunderstanding your response, I have nothing against the Dutch nor any other of its neighboring countries. I merely found it interesting to learn that the entire website is domain protected to a high degree. Somewhere the product desription translations from Dutch gets jumbled and we end up with a comedy of errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…