Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

this wud certainly interest u.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jam_mafia

hi everyone
i wanna convert my old mobile phone(make:motorola ,model:v2088) to a GSM modem as we are using gsm modem in other application.As gsm modems are expensive we wanted to do this project.can any one say how to do it???
or where can i get the circuit diagram of motorola v2088
i wud be very happy if atleast one question is answered
thanx in advance

jam_mafia said:
hi everyone
i wanna convert my old mobile phone(make:motorola ,model:v2088) to a GSM modem as we are using gsm modem in other application.As gsm modems are expensive we wanted to do this project.can any one say how to do it???
or where can i get the circuit diagram of motorola v2088
i wud be very happy if atleast one question is answered
thanx in advance
does the mob: has external serial interface.? , then that may be used as a modem .

no

no it doesnt have
its kinda old mobile have to convert it to gsm modem have any idea abt where i can get the circuit???

watta happened?

hey i waited n waited ,isnt there any an answer my n e one who can answer my query?????i need it a bit urgent or else atleast gimmie the address of other forum where my query wud be answered ,if there arent any one here who can answer my query

Re: watta happened?

jam_mafia said:
hey i waited n waited ,isnt there any an answer my n e one who can answer my query?????i need it a bit urgent or else atleast gimmie the address of other forum where my query wud be answered ,if there arent any one here who can answer my query

What makes you think it's possible?.

its possible i think

it is possible i think coz every mobile phone is a gsm modem with a keypad and display[/u]

Re: its possible i think

jam_mafia said:
it is possible i think coz every mobile phone is a gsm modem with a keypad and display[/u]

Have you seen inside one? - do you fancy reverse engineering it!. Being possible also depends on the software - you may need to write new control software?, it really depends on how it's currently written - which isn't something the manufacturers are going to release!.

wat i thought

wat i thought was locate the modem area in the mobile and program that ic instead.wud nt that be a gud idea???

Re: wat i thought

jam_mafia said:
wat i thought was locate the modem area in the mobile and program that ic instead.wud nt that be a gud idea???

How are you going to find the data on the chips?, it's also almost a certainty that the chips are either OTP or mask-programmed. I would also expect that the modem part will be internal to a much larger chip.

Re: watta happened?

jam_mafia said:

Google is your best friend.

If it's a bit urgent, you should go about figuring it yourself! or get yourself 5110/6110/6210/6310 series of old Nokia phones, or any other phone which is serial interface capable. Then it's a piece of cake.

Address of other forum where your query can be answered?

This isn't the palace of Gods. Not everybody knows everything.

hey i waited n waited ,isnt there any an answer my n e one who can answer my query?????

No. I can wait all day too, but nobody's going to feed me. Geez.

However, in your case...

https://www.gsmhosting.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=165

Go there and ask the experts.

PS : If you know how to locate the modem area in the mobile, and you think that it is programmable.... do you know how to locate the modem area in the mobile, and do you know how to program it? :roll:

also try to have your subject even remotely about what you are asking, that would only help hmmm......heaps!

thanx

hey thanx who replied yeah i know evryone doesnt know everything i agree too but all of u guys know almost everything,i wanted a collective thought onto it and i got many thanx for that,i wanted to know ur opinion thats all ,thanx heaps hope u all wud respond in my next post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back