Thumbwheel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

computer

Hi,

I'm looking for a source for 'thumwheels', like in **broken link removed** picture (4 in the bottom right). They're about 5cm across and have dimples in one side for your finger.

Suitable rotary encoders to go with it would be appriciated. Parts from Farnell/Rapid Electronics are preffered

Thanks,
comp

can't find anything related for 'thumbwheel' or 'thumb wheel' @ rswww.com and farnell have tiny tiny ones but they're only 1.8cm at max, I'm really looking for 5cm or so wide.

It's hard to tell what they are from the picture you gave the link to, it's far too small. But RS Components gives 19 hits on 'thumbwheel'.

If the ones you're looking for are 5cm wide, that sounds VERY unusual, the main reason for thumbwheels is their small footprint.

I'm presuming you're looking for replacement ones for the picture you posted?, it's quite possible they were custom made ones (or long obselete ones?), have you tried via a spare parts route?.

they're not thumbwheels like setting digital addresses with or anything, they're like 0.5cm thick volume control knobs, ~5cm wide, with a dimple in one side so you can turn them 360 degrees nonstop with a finger as opposed to 'gripping' it and having to twist your wrist. They're then connected to digital encoder thingys. Usually also have a momentry switch when you push them too.

they're not replacements for this though, they're for a small project I'm doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…