TimedelayCircuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electroenthusiast

I wanted to make a time delay circuit... that which would switch on a 220V Power supply at 6:30PM and switch off at 11:00PM(or 10:30PM), everyday. i'm using IC4060, 14 bit counter... what if i use 4020 ?
Now that i know the circuit will have some error...like
> designed for 24 hrs, but actually it would be 23:50 hrs.(this error causes the circuit large error at long run, like after 7days/10days)
> i'm will be using 2' ic4060(with diff time delay), and when both of them are high, the relay will be ON.

To overcome this problem, i need to auto reset the timer at some time...
How to do it?

A simple micro for what you are trying to do cost very little. Cheaper than any other method you may devise.

you need to use microcontroller for this (if there is no another way )
like PIC12F629 ( i usually use for simple project )

hi again,
comparably small error is okay for the circuit...
now i wanted to set the frequency of the timer.
i found the design formula were different from various sources.

I'm using 74HCT4060 instead of CD4060.

Edit: What are the maximum values of R1,R2,C i can have?

Attachments

• DESIGN.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Every now and then I don't build something when I can get something for a low cost. **broken link removed** are inexpensive, fully programmable in just about anything you could want and frequently have a battery backup to maintain an accurate clock. They are available in just about any country for any mains voltage you could want. Run the output to a relay to handle turning on and off any load you want.

If you build a timer for X hours on and X hours off it is really clueless to what time of day it actually is.

Just My Take
Ron

What do you mean by "set the duty cycle"?

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…