Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timer switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

suv100

Hi guys
I hope somebody can help me out on this one. I need to switch on and turn off a device automatically at a particular time. (For eg. I want to turn on the device at 2pm and turn it off at 7:50am) Do I use something like a timer switch?
Any info from you guys will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

u can use a normal timer like the 555 for the purpose...

however if you really intend so much amount of delay as you mentioned in your example, then you might have to modify the circuit and perhaps add some more components (like a counter).. to acheive really long delays...

go through similar threads on the forum...

Timer

There are programmable timers in home markets. The cheap ones are operated by a synchronous motor and work like a normal clock. To switch on and off a device connected to it via a programmable wheel which can be overriden by an extra switch. There also digital multi-channel switching timers.

The cheap ones are just about 5.00 EURO. For the digital ones you should plan for about 20.00 EURO +.

Boncuk said:
There are programmable timers in home markets. The cheap ones are operated by a synchronous motor and work like a normal clock. To switch on and off a device connected to it via a programmable wheel which can be overriden by an extra switch. There also digital multi-channel switching timers.

The cheap ones are just about 5.00 EURO. For the digital ones you should plan for about 20.00 EURO +.

agree with you totaly
Only curious since when they acsept EURO in thailand (except the banks):D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back