timer555 to generate single pulse

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are plenty of tutorials online about the 555 timer, and how to adjust the timing intervals. I would advise you to research it on Google; researching will prove to be an invaluable tool in your future.

I'm going to try to be a little more help than my outer space friend, it sounds like what you need is a serious duty cycle motification. You can check the data sheet for help, but what I would recomend is a simple astable oscillator, but you can calculate the resistor values using the equations given.

The charge time (output high) is given by: t1 = 0.693 (R1 + R2) C
and the discharge time (output low) is given by t2 = 0.693 (R2) C

Some simple algebra should allow you to work the equation backwards, hope this helps.

Vince

Last edited:
Thanks

Hi, I have did a good research, I am able to do the time delay by 20 sec, but after that I need a signal for 1ms or so. Right now I what I get is 50% ON and 50% OFF cycle. Am still on researching. Will something help with 3timers.. ?

Haha, well met indeed my friend! I haven't heard from you in a while, so it's good to see you on again. Seriously though, there are more 555 timer tutorials out there than man knows about; it doesn't take much effort to research it. I have to agree with MikeMl, he just wants us to do the work for him.

Last edited:
Hi, I have did a good research, I am able to do the time delay by 20 sec, but after that I need a signal for 1ms or so. Right now I what I get is 50% ON and 50% OFF cycle. Am still on researching. Will something help with 3timers.. ?

For that extreme difference in On and Off times you might want to use two 555s or a 556. A 20 sec astable triggering a 1mS monostable.

Ken

Haha, well met indeed my friend! I haven't heard from you in a while, so it's good to see you on again.

Well, I meant to write, but I was really caught up in a new computer game I got, the site to which can be found here: HiTech Creations - Aces High It's a lot of fun even though I keep getting killed

If Tiger wants someone to do the work for him, then he might want to try using the 555 calculator on the ETO website under tools (Hint-Hint). If he plays around with that a little bit then he may come out with the values that he wants. I also think that kMoffet may be right, a set of 2 timers would work best.

For that extreme difference in On and Off times you might want to use two 555s or a 556. A 20 sec astable triggering a 1mS monostable.

Ken

I would take that route or use a 555 astable for the 20 seconds and let that drive maybe a 74123 for the one shot.

Ron

Why use an 8-pin and a 16-pin chip (only 1/2 used) instead of two 8-pin chips, or one 14-pin chip? Or maybe one 8-pin PIC?

Ken

Here is my suggestion:

Attachments

• DF59.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 207
  • DF59a.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 192
Why use an 8-pin and a 16-pin chip (only 1/2 used) instead of two 8-pin chips, or one 14-pin chip? Or maybe one 8-pin PIC?

Ken

This would be a piece of cake with a PIC, but I'm not sure if the OP has had any programming experience. His objective is still conceivable with a 555 timer, so that might be easier and faster for him despite more components involved.

A computer game?! Oh no! You got sucked into the vortex too?

Work is something that everyone should get used to; the sooner the better. You can't hide from it for long, unless you don't want to get anywhere in life.

Hi mate,

I was all in a sudden into electronics, So I was totally worried to get the solution for the next day. Nothing like I am into electronics and know all the websites and so. When in tention nothing was coming up. Anyway Thanks for all your help, at last as you said, i found all the website, calculators etc.. etc..

Cheers.

Thanks Mike,

It was all of a sudden I fall in electronics field. And I dont know where to search and really forgot all the basics of electronics. First assigment was so to generate a pulse and was going out crazy. Thanks for the time to explain me in detail. If you dont mind, can you please tell me what stimulator you using, I am looking one to test my work, now I am using Circuit Simulator Applet

Thanks in advance.

Here is my suggestion:

Hi Mike,

I am looking to connect two PCBs, vertically. Just like our Systems Mother board and PCI slot, for that what type of connectors should I use? On research, I just came accross some Bus connectors, But I am looking for something I can plug in like PCI cards..

Any help?

LTSpice. Free download at Linear.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…