Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TINNIT Bug Be Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
Have a bath of TINNIT plating setup in the garage. The bath is kept warm by a Quartz Halogen work light just above the pyrex bread pan that holds the solution.

Every five minutes I go out and rock the pan. Since the sun has gone down I have also been removing a bug or two each time. :D

FWIW I agree with the idea that there is not much point in plating boards. Solder em and coat with paint of conformal coating. These boards are for my students first project, and they will be soldering on them for about a week. The tin plate will keep them in good shape.

3v0 said:
Have a bath of TINNIT plating setup in the garage. The bath is kept warm by a Quartz Halogen work light just above the pyrex bread pan that holds the solution.

Every five minutes I go out and rock the pan. Since the sun has gone down I have also been removing a bug or two each time. :D

FWIW I agree with the idea that there is not much point in plating boards. Solder em and coat with paint of conformal coating. These boards are for my students first project, and they will be soldering on them for about a week. The tin plate will keep them in good shape.

Can you put a screen over it while you're away? :)

Set up a bright LED and watch them flock to it perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back