Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Titanium Bolts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric Rain

Ok, technically, this is for an electronic project, and I've got no where else to turn to. Anyway, does anyone know where I can find titanium bolts for a good price? I only need 3. And I'm using them because titanium is the only thing that I can think of that's 100% rust proof. These bolts are going to be used to detect water level using a circuit that will latch a relay if it's two leads are in water. Does anyone have any ideas? Also, a different metal that won't rust in tap water with electricity running through it would work as well. Or, a different (cheap) way to detect water level? It only needs to detect two levels. Thanks. :)

Rain

Stainless steel is not going to corrode in this application. Plenty of stainless available at your corner hardware store.

A relay requires higher coil current than your should attempt to run through the water. Use a transistor, preferrably MOSFET, to switch the relay coil. Or perhaps the MOSFET can switch the load directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back