Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tle5206-2 stepper motor driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

avz

I'm looking for a 5A stepper motor driver. I found the Infineon tle5206-2 which is rated 5A driver. I would like to know if any of you have/had any experience with it? if you have other suggestions, please dont hold back. I'm looking to build a 5A stepper motor driver and every bit of info will help.
Thanx.

I have never used it but going by the data sheet, It appears that it is only an H-bridge. What kind of stepper motor were you trying to drive with it.

Input 1 and input 2 are used to drive their respective outputs. When the input goes high, the output goes high.

The error flag caught my eye, this is definitely something that could be useful. You can use this to detect when the motor has stalled.

Remember not to push the IC to it's limit. Even though the data sheet says it can be run at 5A, it should not be pushed to that limit for an excessive amount of time. It will shorten the life of the IC or could even burn it out completely.

The IC seems fairly straight forward, is there anything more specific that you were worried about?

DT - thanx for your response. the thing is that I'm completly new to this range of steppers and so on. the motor that I intend to operate is a 3A rated - that's why I was looking for a 5A driver IC.
the motor that I have is a bipolar (4wires). if you can direct me to any source of info regarding the matter - that will be a great help for me.
The whole idea is to build a plasma cutting table - x,y and z.

I've never played around with a bipolar stepper, however after reading up on how they work it sounds like you have made the right choice in ICs. You will need two ICs per motor however. What you want to do is connect the two leads from one of the motors coils to one IC, and the other two to the other. You will also only need one input for each IC since the polarity needs to be reversed in order to continue driving the motor. Simply connect an inverter from input 1 of each IC to input 2 of the same one.

After that you will only need to have an external controller to count up in binary to drive the motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back