TMDS logic to a LVDS display?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garrettp

I have another thread where I am trying to figure out pins for a CCFL inverter on my iMac G4 1.25ghz (USB2.0). I have a display but no lamps.

I have an LG-Philips LCD display coming from an iMac G5, the display is in good working order. However, the G5 uses LVDS technology for the video feed while the G4 uses TMDS.

I have searched the internet over and over and come up with conflicts on whether the G5 LVDS will display from the TMDS feed. The connectors are the same. I can find the pin config for the LG-Philips but cannot find one for the G4's IDTECH display.

Does anyone reading this have an idea if the LVDS LCD will work on my TMDS imac?

Thanks much
g

Well, I got me LVDS display in the mail today and it works on my TMDS. Although, I read one little blurb saying that the GPU may infact convert to LVDS when detected. I do not know if this is true or not but it works regardless I guess.

Although, my CCFL's are still not igniting . But that is in my other thread. I may just convert both of these displays over to LED. I have the pic out on the G5 LCD so that will probably be converted to a DVI cable.

I replace the inverter with an after market inverter. There was a problem on the logic board which fried an inductor so I was not getting power to the mac inverter.

I tried to look at your forum but it is in French only. I hope you can understand my English. Lets see how well google does.

Je remplacer l'onduleur avec un marché après l'onduleur. Il y avait un problème sur la carte logique qui frit une inductance j'ai donc été de ne pas avoir le pouvoir de l'onduleur mac.

J'ai essayé de regarder votre forum, mais il est uniquement en français. J'espère que vous comprenez mon anglais. Voyons comment google fait.

OK, I think I got it, you are looking for a power supply for the display and a video card. I used power from the DVD drive for the after market inverter.

OK, je crois que je l'ai eu, vous êtes à la recherche d'une alimentation électrique de l'écran et une carte vidéo. J'ai utilisé le pouvoir de le lecteur de DVD pour le marché onduleur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…