Tool for create chematic diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
ExpressPCB has a free schematic capture program that's easy to use, has a decent component library, and allows easy creation of custom components.

Ken

I make schematics with Microsoft Paint program.
It can copy and paste things from datasheets or things from other schematics.
Here is the latest project I am working on and the schematic is made with Microsoft Paint.

Attachments

• Luxeon Knight Rider LEDs.PNG
    24.1 KB · Views: 335
Cad .........

Hi,
Please any one Suggest me a tool for create chematic diagram. Thanks in advance

I have used the powerful Smart Draw 7 for years. It has thousands of pre drawn symbols of all kinds and you can easely make your own and save them. ( Don't buy any later versions, it has changed to a business program for drawing flowcharts etc.)

I found it for $30, I paid many times that when I bought mine.

Here is the link: **broken link removed**

Last edited:
I am very new to this and I downloaded the free version of Cadsoft Eagle and after watching 2 15 min videos on youtube I am confident that I can use most of its features. The nice thing about Eagle is that once you have your schematic drawn you can use it to create your pcb layout and gerber files to send to a PCB fab house to have your PCB made professionally. Then all you have to do is order the components and populate the board when it gets to you.

Here is the first schematic I drew with it.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Why are you using little boxes for resistors instead of zig-zag lines?
I could copy and paste zig-zag resistor symbols into my Paint schematic if I want.

Attachments

• resistor symbols.PNG
    7.1 KB · Views: 203
Why are you using little boxes for resistors instead of zig-zag lines?

The Zig-Zag is a US resistor symbol. The box is a European symbol for a resistor. Only reason I know this is because there are separate libraries in Eagle for US and European symbol resistors/capacitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…