Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Top 10 microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboticinfo

I wanted to see which microcontroller's you guys like to use, I Know that PIC is the most favored but what type and do you like to use 8051 elec.

i started with pic, now using z8encore (when i have time)

Why the Z8 microcontroller?

plus the www icon is for your website, not someone else's website like google.

just telling what it is for.

I use ATMEL chips for my projects. Mostly because I took a class on them and so far they are the only chips I know how to program and I have all the software already.
~Mike

You should try PIC it is the best microcontroller for anything regarding electronics.

It is stronger then the Atmel

Try the PIC

once you go PIC youl never go back.

Re: reply

DirtyLude said:

Well everything the Z8 does the PIC can do to, but it all depends on what you are a custom to. Anyway the PIC is cheaper when it come's to weekly projects because most people are not going to want to buy a board and elec. They would rather buy a $7.95 dollar PIC, but if you do it rarely then surely that is the why to go in some people's opinions.

I started with 8051.And now I'm switching to PICs just because of the various types to select from, the low price and the higher EMC performance.

Roboticinfo said:
You should try PIC it is the best microcontroller for anything regarding electronics.

Although I'm a BIG advocate of the PIC, this statement is rather silly!.

The BEST processor for any job, is the one that gets the job done! - it doean't really matter what it is, or how much it costs (within reason) - as long as it does the job.

If you're talking production quantities though, then cost become the prime consideration - and this is an area the PIC excels in!.

If you're already experienced in programming a different micro-controller I see no reason to change, you should be able to do anything you want with it - BUT, if you're starting with micro-controllers the PIC is probably the best option, low cost, powerful, lots of online information, and easy to use.

samcheetah said:
Alex_rcpilot i love your avatar

:) I'm glad that you like it.That's my RC helicopter.A Raptor 30 v2 from Thunder Tiger in Taiwan.I've added a set of rocket rails to it.It's just kinda "armed" now.I built the rails with aluminium alloy and the launching system with a microcontroller.

Roboticinfo said:
Well everything the Z8 does the PIC can do to, but it all depends on what you are a custom to. Anyway the PIC is cheaper when it come's to weekly projects because most people are not going to want to buy a board and elec. They would rather buy a $7.95 dollar PIC, but if you do it rarely then surely that is the why to go in some people's opinions.
Well, no, that's not true. There are some obscure things like built in IRDA interface that the PIC doesn't have. Well, I haven't seen it on a PIC.

I'm not certain what you're talking about with 'a board and electronics' and the price. I'm not certain if you know what we're even talking about here. We're talking about the Z8 Encore, not the old Z8. The Z8E chips tend to be only slightly more expensive than PICs, but then they also include alot of built in hardware blocks, I2C, SPI, IRDA, UARTs... are included on every chip that has enough pins to support them. I usually use the middle of the line 28pin 8k chips now, which are $3.00 USD in single quantities from Mouser. Obviously cheaper in bulk. The full blown 64k 68pin PLCC chips are around $7.00 USD. They all use the same programmer and development environment.

I'm with Nigel, and whatever MCU fits the job best, is the best MCU at that time. I'd have to disagree with him on what the best one to start out with is, the Z8E is just so much easier to start out with. Included development environment with compiler and assembler, 1 wire fast reliable in circuit programming and debugging.

I'm no fanatic though. The Z8E is just too hard to get outside of North America and it doesn't have the shear number of users for support (though it does have user support).

Roboticinfo said:
plus the www icon is for your website, not someone else's website like google.

just telling what it is for.

google IS my website. :D
everything i need to see or show others can be found there...

You are not the creater of google, plus anyone one who go's to this website knows google.

Like me I have my own website and not someone else'es.

no offense but...
how did you figure out that i wasn't part of team creating google
or that at least my opinion wasn't used to create it the way it is?
you don't even know me...

you made me look up your website. congratulation...
so you do have one although it's only content is pretty much two links to other places and few "under construction"s.

i guess it worked (your last post) to make me look and create one more
hit for the empty part of wast internet space.

i like to work on 89C51/52 buti wana learn abt PIC

chill up guys.

Roboticinfo there is nothing wrong in giving a link of google in the www icon. maybe panic mode likes it very much (like me).

please dont get too much personal. there is no point in debating this issue. and hey panic mode, Roboticinfo was just telling you that you should put a link of your own site in the www icon.

if this keeps going on, the thread will be locked by some moderator and please dont let that happen.

we are all here to help each other in small problems that we face in electronics. so we better stick to that.

have a nice day 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back