Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Toroidal Core area for stabilizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahu

how can calculate Core area for stabilizers (Toroidal transformer) not EI type.

Stabiliser for what?

Voltage?
Frequency?
Hydraulic pressure?
Childs bicycle?

JimB

The core area of a toroid is pi*d²/4 where d is the thickness of core.

We can't give you much information beyond that since most of us are not clairvoyant.

Hi,

Carl,

For the toroidal cross sectional area i get A=d*H
where
d is the difference in outer and inner radii of the core and H is the height of the core.
Is that what you meant?

So for a core that has (in inches) outer diameter 3 and inner diameter 1, and core height 2 we would get:
d=3/2-1/2=1, and so
A=d*H=1*2=2 square inches.

Last edited:
A normal toroidal coil has a circular cross-section. So the core cross-sectional area is pi*r² or pi*d²/4 where r is the radius and d is the diameter (thickness) of the core.

Hi Carl,

Oh ok :)
I dont usually see toroids with round cross section though, i always see (and purchase) those with rectangular cross sections which are pretty common.

Hi Carl,

Oh ok :)
I dont usually see toroids with round cross section though, i always see (and purchase) those with rectangular cross sections which are pretty common.
You are correct. :eek: Most toroidal cores have a rectangular core (with rounded edges) so your equation would be correct for those.

Last edited:
Hi Carl,

Yeah you know it's funny because it's been so long since i heard anyone talk about a round cross section toroid that i totally forgot about those kind completely (ha ha).
It's good to remember them too though.

Thank all of u. Pl give me 1 exp. for 1000 watt inv transformmer.

Good grief! turn off the CRM114!

What the hell does that mean and what has it to do with a stabiliser?

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back