Status
Not open for further replies.
Stabiliser for what?

Voltage?
Frequency?
Hydraulic pressure?
Childs bicycle?

JimB

The core area of a toroid is pi*d²/4 where d is the thickness of core.

We can't give you much information beyond that since most of us are not clairvoyant.

Hi,

Carl,

For the toroidal cross sectional area i get A=d*H
where
d is the difference in outer and inner radii of the core and H is the height of the core.
Is that what you meant?

So for a core that has (in inches) outer diameter 3 and inner diameter 1, and core height 2 we would get:
d=3/2-1/2=1, and so
A=d*H=1*2=2 square inches.

Last edited:
A normal toroidal coil has a circular cross-section. So the core cross-sectional area is pi*r² or pi*d²/4 where r is the radius and d is the diameter (thickness) of the core.

Hi Carl,

Oh ok
I dont usually see toroids with round cross section though, i always see (and purchase) those with rectangular cross sections which are pretty common.

Hi Carl,

Oh ok
I dont usually see toroids with round cross section though, i always see (and purchase) those with rectangular cross sections which are pretty common.
You are correct. Most toroidal cores have a rectangular core (with rounded edges) so your equation would be correct for those.

Last edited:
Hi Carl,

Yeah you know it's funny because it's been so long since i heard anyone talk about a round cross section toroid that i totally forgot about those kind completely (ha ha).
It's good to remember them too though.

Thank all of u. Pl give me 1 exp. for 1000 watt inv transformmer.

Good grief! turn off the CRM114!

What the hell does that mean and what has it to do with a stabiliser?

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…