Total Noob. Need some info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christon1987

Hi guys and girls, I'm new to Electronics and don't understand the basics yet

What i want to do is put a 12 digit keypad into my car so that a code has to be entered before the car is allowed to start.

How do i go about this? What do i need? If you have an answer could you simplify it a little for me?

Hopefully in a week or two i will get to know the basic stuff.

Thanks

Hi christon 1987

if you have in mind to learn the basics of electronics within 2 weeks I wish you good luck in achieving that as it is extreemly extrodinary quick/good/fast to do that

stil than if you down load the data sheet of the cd4013 IC (intergrated circuit) than you see 2 flipflops in that device

I doubt that you will work it out to a working project on your own and I would strongly advise you to get some help from people that have some experiance in this field

of course this forum can help you a lot but if your a total noob on this field there is a lot to learn

Robert-Jan

wow, thats a lot of relays. you could do it with a lot less. for a 3 digit code you could probably get away with just 4, maybe 5. I'll explain in detail if you want.

for what reason would you do this to your car?
I don't see it being any more secure.

If its wired to the right circuit it would be, I'm not going down this route anymore.

I've found another way, Using an LS7220. It seems safer and a lot less hassle than all of them relays.

I don't recommend this circuit. I'm not a car thief, but removing or breaking the panel they can find wich wire goes to starter and wich one do not.

A very old yet effective method is to connect in series the starter with any switch (i.e. lights), so the lights must be turned on before starting the engine. That's the secret key.

Anyway, if you're not an expert its a bad idea to take apart your car's electric system. If you make a short circuit you may burn the engine's computer, the starting system or something like that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…