Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Touch Sensitive Keypad

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra1

Hi Guys

I am building a project that uses a keypad, currently im using a 3x4 matrix keypad

To add a bit of spice i wanted to make my keypad so that i press a piece of glass, looks a bit more futuristic.

I belive i would need a Capacitive switch, but all the circuits i have found are fairly complex and making 12 circuits for 12 switches would be a big extreme.

anyone got any ideas or know of existing circuits that i could use??

Hi Chris,

I probably found what you are looking for.

Please check out "CYPRESS TOUCH SENSING BUTTONS".

There also exists a free evaluation kit "CY3218-CAPEXP1" including the installation software and all hardware required.

I haven't tried my evaluation kit yet, because I probably inserted the USB interface upside down and ruined the whole thing.

That's what the box contains: Sorry for the bad focusing. I have to get familiar with the camera (12Mpixels) before I can make better images.

Regards

Hans

Attachments

• CYPRESS.gif
    CYPRESS.gif
    302.9 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Hi Hans

Cheers for the input, i will have a look at this evaluation kit, it might prove useful as i wanted to make me a custom keypad rather than the standard 12 digits, was thinking of an up/down/left/right enter sort of setup.

Hans,

Could you share with me where you were able to find the free evaluation kit? All I have been able to find so far is the same kit, only for ~100USD.

edit: Meant to ask if you needed some sort of credentials to be able to receive the kit for free.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi Bunkka,

I received a news letter from Cypress one day offering the free evaluation kit.

You might try to get it directly at Cypress as well.

Hans

if you want to be futuristic id place a mirror inside of the glass on-top of the circuit so it looks like they's nothing but glass and no circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back