Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tps 3513

Status
Not open for further replies.

valor

Anyone know about TPS3513? I m building a power supply. I need to do a power good circuit. i do not understand the PGI pin of tps3513. Can anyone please tell me or guide me?

I asume that you've read https://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tps3513.pdf

That says:-
Power-good input. A low level indicates that power is not good, while a high (>1.2V) indicates that power is good.
I think that it is there so that a signal from the transformer can be connected to the TPS3513 to make sure that the power good signal stops as soon as possible when the mains fails, before regulated voltage starts to reduce.

With only a cursory reading of the data sheet, it looks to me that PGI is like an ENABLE input. It shuts the TPS3513 down if something upstream thinks there is a problem (missing ac?)

I asume that you've read https://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tps3513.pdf

That says:-

I think that it is there so that a signal from the transformer can be connected to the TPS3513 to make sure that the power good signal stops as soon as possible when the mains fails, before regulated voltage starts to reduce.

My project is building an atx power supply. The input of my circuit is from an external PSU, therefore i do not have a transformer.. So, can u tell me where do i connect to? Thanks

My project is building an atx power supply. The input of my circuit is from an external PSU, therefore i do not have a transformer.. So, can u tell me where do i connect to? Thanks
You should connect it to a potential divider that gives just over 1.2 V when the PSU is at full voltage.

If you don't want the input, wire it to 5 V.

You should connect it to a potential divider that gives just over 1.2 V when the PSU is at full voltage.

If you don't want the input, wire it to 5 V.

So u mean is, if i dont want it to connect to the input or a voltage divider of >1.2V, i can just connect to 5v?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back