Tracking help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashfsk

Hi .

Im working on a 3D tracking system. I thought of using a ADXRS150 to measure yaw and ADXL103 to measure position along one axis. Two ADXL203 would be used to measure the position along remaining 2 axes and roll & pitch. The trouble comes in differentiating the o/p from the two ADXL203 sensors. How do I know the o/p is relating to pitch, roll or position???

Secondly, we could determine the position at the two ends of the object, say similar to a stick. Once we have the two co-ordinates we can find R,P,Y. Can I have some information on such sensors which give the position of one end of an object???

Please give ur suggestions.

Thank You.
Ashwin.

You would actually only need two ADXL203's positioned very near each other.
Arrange one to give you X and Y acceleration values and arrange the second one 45 degree's between X and Y and in the Z position. Roll, Pitch, Yaw and movement in the X/Y and Z axis can be calculated using trig. The extra axis between the X and Y axis can be integrated to provide a little more accuracy. This requires a decent amount of processing power to do with any degree of accuracy.
The problem with these kinds of sensors though is they are not capable of providing an absolute position, between the natural noise floor of the sensors and any quantization errors after an extended period of time it will drift out of representing the absolute position pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…