Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transformer help

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulyt5966

hi all,im using an audio transformer for my high voltage project as i need it to be quite small,its a mini transformer lt44 which i got from maplins,it has a primary dc resistance of 100ohm and secondry of 1kohm i would like to step up the voltage further so could anyone suggest a transformer with an even higher secondry resistance and where i could buy one of these,the primary will be taking 200v to 300v pulses,thanks

paulyt5966 said:
hi all,im using an audio transformer for my high voltage project as i need it to be quite small,its a mini transformer lt44 which i got from maplins,it has a primary dc resistance of 100ohm and secondry of 1kohm i would like to step up the voltage further so could anyone suggest a transformer with an even higher secondry resistance and where i could buy one of these,the primary will be taking 200v to 300v pulses,thanks

The DC Resistance doen't mean much of Anything in your application.
Neither does the Impedance between primary and secondary.

Its the Turns Ratio that is Important.
You are using an AC Signal, Not DC.

Although it may appear that the 1000 ohms is 10 times more than the 100 ohms, the two windings are probably different wire gauges. Therefore you have no idea of the actual turns ratio.

Without knowing What circuit your are using, your best bet is to use a Ferrite core and Wind your own transformer.

If I saw your circuit, I could possibly advise you better.

Merry Christmas.........Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back