Transformer powered robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

George L.

Hello everyone,

I was thinking of making a tiny robot that didn't need a battery or solar cell. I thought I could use the same idea that may electric toothbrushes use(the primary winding of a transformer is in the base of the charging unit, and the secondary winding is in the toothbrush. If I just used this my robot would only be able to operate in one spot.

Instead...could I put a large metal plate over the primary winding of a transformer, and the robot would have the secondary winding as its power source I think my robot would be able to operate anywhere on the metal plate....I think??? :? I only need about the amount of electricity that a small solar cell puts out. Would my idea work?

I would really appriciate some help.

thanks,

George L.

why do you "hate" batterys so much? you can buy rechargeble ones you know. it is much easyer and much smaler

I have nothing against batteries, they are my friends, its just that in the past I always have to change them, and charge them. Especially in this little robot I am trying to make which will run on coin cells if my transformer Idea won't work.

Will it work...I have no idea !!! does anyone know?

thanks George L.

as i dont kow, what this robot will be ding i suggest when objective is linefollower bot, then use on polarity on one sie of the line and another one on the other side (GND on the left and +5V on the right)
about the transfrmer idea, i'm sorry i dont have a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…