Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor Matching

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEEDA

Hello, just wondering if I can get some advice on a "good" tester for measuring transistor gain (and leakage if plausible). From what I've been told, DMM's do not provide a strong enough current to measure gain accurately.

I've also considered a DIY project (like this one for instance - **broken link removed** )

Just want to get some input from others first, who own or have used, a good transistor tester.

thanks -

The DIY seems a little excessive, since the hfe for a 2N3055 is specified at 4v. You just need a calibrated current source for the base current and an ammeter for the collector current, including a 4v supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back