Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor Wiring Difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenobius

Dear all,

I have a small question which I would like to confirm. What is the difference between both diagrams attached?

Thanks for your generosity
X

Attachments

• difference.jpg
    difference.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 120
In the left side example the transistor is turned on to shut the power to the load OFF.

In the right hand example the transistor is turned on to turn the load ON.

Hey thanks for your reply. But I cannot understand how the left cct can actually shut off. How does it work?

Thanks

Hey thanks for your reply. But I cannot understand how the left cct can actually shut off. How does it work?

Thanks
hi,
The junction of R2 and the Load is connected to 0V when the transistor is ON, so no current will flow in the load.

Its a very inefficient circuit

Ohh is now I understand better. Basically I once saw this configuration connected to a PNP in order to "Latch" the output.

X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back