Transmitter and receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

saracen

Hi,
Sorry i'm a bit of a newby to all this,
I have a project that i desperatly need to get off the ground and need some advice.

I need to have a small wireless transmitter that can send numbers to a wireless receiver.
So if button 1 was pressed on the transmitter then "1" would show up on the receiver.
However if its easier i can have a line of led's on the receiver with numbers printed below so if say button 3 was pressed the third led would light up. However once a button/switch is pressed it will stay pressed.
As i said i need this be wireless with a range of up to 30 meters.
Any ideas on where i can start looking at info on this or is there someone out there who would be able to contruct it for me (£'s covered of course) i do not need housing etc just circuitry as it's beeing putinto a current project

Many Thanks

Matt

If you need only one or a few of the devices, than a simple approach, especially if you're not that familiar with microprocessors, may be to use Stamp components from Parallax, Inc. They sell microprocessor modules that are easy to program (in BASIC) and RF modules that can communicate between uP's. You'd program one uP to transmit the message and a second to receive and display it.

I've used one of their uP modules with good results. You simply plug the module into your computer's serial port and it's ready to program.

I recently used these tx/rx modules and this encoder/decoder pair:
http://rentron.com/remote_control/R8_4BIT.htm
It can control up to four lines, meaning you could technicalluy control up to 16 devices if you convert from binary. You could control more if you use serial communication, but I found these tx/rx modules aren't that reliable for serial comms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…