triangular and rectangular signal generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexa1

how can I create a triangular and rectangular signal generator that has a frequency between 1000 and 5000 Hz, the amplitude of the triangular signal between 4V and 10V and the amplitude of the rectangular signal between 0.5 and 7 V .I would at least need a circuit. I could also calculate the values of the components

Waveform Generator Module 8038
$9.95

If your not bothered about a bit of distortion you could use a 555.
Pin 3 as I'm sure you know creates a square wave, pin 2&6 in astable moce has a triangle wave on it, not pure but close.
You'd need to buffer it with a transistor or op amp, you could vary the amplitude by varying the timers power supply.

The ICL8038 function generator IC is also obsolete and not made anymore. The maker of the kit must have some VERY old kits that did not sell.

Below is the LTspice simulation of a square/triangle generator using two high-speed RR op amps.
The outputs are shown for the two limits on the pot setting.

For a variable output, you can add a pot at each out.

If you need a low impedance output, you can buffer the pot output with the two spare op amps in the package configured as non-inverting buffers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…