Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

triggering pulse problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeevan772006

Hi friends
i have an problem about triggering pulse.I am new to electronics.I unable to understand the principle of triggering pulse.I watch so many circuit diagram of timer IC 555.in that there they use a switch .i even dont understand what is that either a push switch or a spdt switch.

jeevan772006 said:
Hi friends
i have an problem about triggering pulse.I am new to electronics.I unable to understand the principle of triggering pulse.I watch so many circuit diagram of timer IC 555.in that there they use a switch .i even dont understand what is that either a push switch or a spdt switch.

The kind of switch is probably not relevant in the context of those diagrams you are looking at. What matters more is understanding that the switch provides the triggering pulse.

Study the internal circuit of the 555 chip found here:

& read the rest of the tutorial. If you do not understand comparators or any of the other parts inside of the 555, stop and go review those first.
It's the only way you will understand the part and how it is triggered.

And most importantly, HANDS ON! get yourself a 555 or two, some caps and resistors, an LED, and 555 circuit diagrams. I couldn't grasp the concept of how they work until I started playing around with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back