Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trimmer/Variable resistor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zane83

Hi.. i have some problem here. i bought a trimmer-pot from a shop. somehow, i do not know how to use it. could can anyone please tell me how to use it?

i used multimeter to measure it resistance but its null. wonder if its the component faulty or the multimeter could not measure its resistance? but i doubt its the resistance cause the resistance is very small and at least it should read 0:eek:hm: in my meter. thanks

it has 2 pins and a screw on it for adjustment (but meter reads out of range though even i'd turn it)

trimmer.PNG

p/s: i bought 3 and all have the same condition. thanks..

for heaven sake.. i was told by the shop it is variable resistor.. sigh!

Zane83 said:
for heaven sake.. i was told by the shop it is variable resistor.. sigh!

Do they have Maplin stores in Malaysia? :D

Seriously, if it was a variable resistor it would have three pins instead of two.

CanonMan75 said:
Do they have Maplin stores in Malaysia? :D

Seriously, if it was a variable resistor it would have three pins instead of two.

Maplin store? *puzzled* hehe

anyway.. i did asked the guy who sell me that why is it 2 pins only.. he say DUNNO..:eek: sigh.. wonder why people selling components dunno..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back