Troll Physics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menticol

I have found a cool electronics trick on Hack a Day that I want to share with all of you. How do you think it's done? (in electronic terms of course, because it's not a camera effect)

(Edit: Obviously some components must have been modified to make the circuit work as shown, but the goal is guessing how)

The answer it's also on hackaday but don't cheat, excercise your brain!

Last edited by a moderator:
Security through obfuscation, or more importantly, a basic magic trick.

Make sure the person is seeing something that they assume should be functioning one way when what is occurring is actually happening behind the scenes. This topic I don't think generally belongs in electronics chat because it's a social engineering experiment as opposed to a technical one.

If those were regular LED's and regular switches and a regular 9 volt battery it simply would not function.

Which instantly shows that something else is going on that is not shared, there is no way to 'know' outside of direct examination which in the context is not possible, so from an electronics perspective.

Even if the core understanding of what is occurring here could be known there are a hundred or more variants of it that could actually be occurring.

Last edited:
The circuit is very complex. Each LED has its own resonant circuit and the oscillator is made with SM components inside the battery snap.
The switches also have electronics inside them.

Hi,

Who do i see about getting the last 4 minutes and 7 seconds of my life back?

If we are reduced to making electronic magic tricks in videos, why not just edit the videos? We can make Obama's nose light up with a switch located on Mars

Last edited:
I'm with you 100% MrAl, if this were a magic trick they should have never have shown how it's done, and the device would never in a million years stand up to the scrutiny of a close up physical examination of someone that knows electronics at all. So there's really no mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…