Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Troubleshooting Liquid Silicone Rubber Injection Molding Issues

Hi everyone,

I’m working with liquid silicone rubber (LSR) injection molding and have run into a few challenges.

I’m having trouble with achieving consistent part quality.

I’m noticing some issues with air bubbles and incomplete fills.

Can anyone share tips on how to optimize mold design or adjust process parameters to address these problems?

Any advice on selecting the right LSR material for better results would be greatly appreciated.

Hi everyone,

I’m working with liquid silicone rubber (LSR) injection molding and have run into a few challenges.

I’m having trouble with achieving consistent part quality.

I’m noticing some issues with air bubbles and incomplete fills.

Can anyone share tips on how to optimize mold design or adjust process parameters to address these problems?

Any advice on selecting the right liquid silicone rubber injection molding material for better results would be greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance for any help

Are you applying vacuum to your uncurled pot after mixing (but before viscosity builds during curing? There is a lot of dissolved or entrained air in these resins. The heat generated during curing causes
1) air to come out of solution (hot liquids don't dissolve as much gas as cold liquids can hold
2) bubbles get bigger with temperature

It's very difficult to cast a perfectly clear part without degassing with vacuum.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back