Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trying to find on what printer or scanner was installed this motor assembly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlainB

This is a very nice little stepper motor assembly that I got from a printer or a scanner a few years ago. I dismantle a lot of of them at that time so I can not remember from where I got it.

The free run of the belt is about 15 inches and since the belt is very clean I suspect more that it was comming from a 14 inch scanner.

I would like to find another assembly like this one to make a XY table.

Any help to find the model and make of the printer or scanner that has this assembly would be quite welcome.

Thanks!

Alain

Attachments

• Scanner motor assembly.png
    Scanner motor assembly.png
    661.2 KB · Views: 208
I disassembled many different Epson printers (and very few of other brands) I do not recall that stepper motor (the brand I mean).

It is a 12V stepper. Could be that this leads you to remember where it comes from?

Have you googled the brand?

On **broken link removed** i found that the motor assembly on the picture look pretty much like mine. It would come from an Epson Perfection 1640SU printer.

Maybe someone has this printer and could confirm that it is the assembly that I am looking for.

Alain

(On edit: Sorry, I was meaning scanner, not printer)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it is not the same.

But on the picture on the french site it really look like the one I have.

But then he said that he dismantled a few scanners at that time. Maybe he made a mistake when he said that it was from an Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back