Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trying to wire a sound activated vox1 electronic kit to a motor...Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humphreys016

Hello all,
I am very new to electronics so please excuse my ignorance, but I just got a sound activated kit from rainbow electronics. I want to hook up a small type 030 3V motor to it. The guy from rainbow sent a 5 v dpdt relay to use. So I have it all together and the circuit is working correctly, but the problem is with the relay and motor set up. I was told to run the motor parallel to the power source, so I currently have a 3v battery and the motor both running into one side of the relay, negatives in com, Positives in normally open(Which I hope means running in parallel) The motor will run for a while, when sound activated, but the battery is getting hot though and draining lots of power. The first problem is that I'm not really sure how a relay works? When I hook up the motor and power source in parallel the motor obviously runs, but when I solder them both to the relay, it does not run until switched. Hope you can help, and I wasn't too confusing. Thanks so much

If the battery deos not get hot when it powers only the motor then you have something connected wrong that is causing the heat with the circuit.
Post the schematic showing how you connected the relay and motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back