Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tsunami prompted Yamaha Generator Test. Low voltage output Ef-12000DE

Status
Not open for further replies.

angioman

Being in Hawaii I got out my Yamaha EF12000DE Generator on Saturday to get prepared. Started right up, motor hummed along at seemingly adequate rates. Upon testing the 120v outputs, I could only get voltages around 85. The generator was last run more than a year ago and it seemed to run well at that time. Any thoughts? Anything may help.

I hooked up a shop vac to the outlets and it ran, but slowly. Luckily the tsunami hit, but the waves were small and we only experienced a few surges of in and outgoing water. No need for my generator. None the less, I want my generator ready when we need it. I read that my armature might be rusty from storage, but I'm not too familiar with getting to the insides of a generator. Thanks in advance from Hawaii.

Last edited:
You may want to give this thread a read. It wasn't a Honda Generator but several things were covered.

Do you have the owner's manual and a schematic of your unit?

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back