Turn a pump on based off voltage of sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty562

I have a solar tracker from Heliotrack.com. The ML sensor is the sensor that I can read a voltage off of. What I'd like to do is turn a water pump on when this voltage gets to x whatever it may be. Bonus points if I can put a potentiometer on and adjust it.

What I'd really like to find is something out of the box that could do this. I have no experience building my own components.

Here's a picture. **broken link removed**

what is the output of sensor you use, do you have part number of that sensor ? datasheet ?
is it a current sensor or voltage ?
you can use relays to turn off motors.

The output of the sensor is between 0 and 5v. I don't have a datasheet unfortunately, but I can ask the guy that built it questions.

I have this guy which will flip a breaker based on temperature. I'm assuming it works by comparing two voltages. Could you guys take a look and see if it would be able to hook a less than 5v source up to this thing and it work the way I'm looking for? It has a LM435N on it.

PIC1
PIC2

Last edited:
Ok so you only want a simple operation like switching off motor when a certain voltage has been reached like 5V, you can use single 5V relay to cutt off motors.
5V relay only works when input to it is minimum 5V.
You should always post circuit diagram to make things clear.

I'd like the motor (pump) to stay on while the voltage is above 1.7v. This will mean that my solar tracker is currently tracking and adding heat to the water. When it goes below 1.7v the tracker will shut off and the pump should stop because heat will no longer be being added to the water. The pictures in my last post are of a device that has a relay built into it.

Unfortunately the pictures I posted are the closest I have to a circuit diagram.

What you want is a simple voltage comparitor circuit.

Its not that hard to build, but you say circuit construction is outside your ability.

I dont know of an off the shelf item to do the job.

Pete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…